What insurance providers does BMEC accept?
- VSP (vision service plan), SVP (superior vision), NVA (national vision administration), UMR, Medicare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Qualchoice, Simple, Tricare, Avesis, VCP, Eyemed (only certain plans), Care Credit and all flex plans/hsa (health savings plans). We also accept cash patients. We are able to bill both medical and vision insurance plans. Please contact us if you have questions regarding your insurance.
Does BMEC do contacts?
- We conduct contact exams and have many popular brands in stock so you can walk out the door and enjoy improved vision. We have both regular and colored contacts in your prescription. If we don’t have what you want on hand, we can order literally anything.
Does BMEC do prescription sunglasses?
- We have a variety of designer sunglasses that can be made to your prescription. If you have a frame that you’re in love with already, we can make lenses to fit.
Can BMEC help me transfer my records?
- We just need a signed release. Please call the office to get the process started.
Does BMEC do Lasik?
- No, but we can get you in quickly to begin the evaluation for you. BMEC partners this service with several of the best LASIK centers in town.
Can I bring in an outside prescription?
- Of course…as long as it’s valid and not outdated.
Can I bring in my old frames?
- BMEC carries hundreds of contemporary styles, but what kind of people would we be if we forced you to get rid of the frames that you love? Just bring them in and we’ll create your lenses to fit.
How often should I get an eye exam?
- Annually as long as you aren’t experiencing any medical conditions or abnormalities with your eyes.
Will I be dilated?
- That’s your choice, but after beginning the exam your doctor will make a recommendation.
Does my medical insurance cover the exam?
- Just call the office and we’ll help you get in touch with your insurance provider.